Upgrade memory before/after Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
Currently running Tiger with 1g of Corsair value memory, going to be upgrading to another 1g stick, same module. Should I upgrade before or after installing Leopard, or would it matter? I plan on doing an erase and install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
You can upgrade RAM any time. I saw something that said 512M would work with Leopard. 1G should be fine. 2G would probably be better, depending on your needs, but when you do it is up to you.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
As mathogre suggested you can upgrade the RAM at anytime. I would do one thing at a time thou. Either upgrade the RAM and make sure your system is working fine or up grade the operating system making sure it is working fine, then upgrade the RAM.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks guys. Yeah, I've been meaning to throw in another stick in there. I can believe how much memory prices change. Last year when I bought the memory was about 90ish per stick, now it dropped to 30ish w/ 10 rebate.

Anyway, I'll probably throw in the memory stick in there first and let the system run make sure everything checks out ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm running leopard with 1GB of ram and some things are a little laggy, but it otherwise runs fine. i would advise 2GB, but 1 will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It doesn't matter when you stick in the memory.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe it does matter when you install memory. If the memory is bad, you install and then upgrade the OS. Then you have to figure out where the problem lays, is the install of the OS or is it bad memory. I believe that is better to have a stable running system, before you install memory.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I plan to do is install the memory first, run some programs, and lastly run the diagnostics to be sure the memory checks out ok. Then upgrade to Leopard, or clean install rather.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
If it makes no difference to you, get the RAM 1st.

Why?

Because the upgrade will run quicker... :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.