Leopard Setup Assistant

Reaction score
OK. So I just installed Leopard. My Macbook Pro has restarted and the Leopard welcome video played fine etc. but the Setup Assistant says "connecting..." and it's taking forever... I feel like it's just not doing anything. I cancelled it and now it says "disconnecting..." whys isn't this working?

Also, what was Setup Assistant supposed to do and how can I get it going again (if I even need to)?? Am I screwed?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Assume you are talking about the Migration Assistant.
It is in your Applications/Utilities folder. You won't need it unless you're wanting to migrate stuff from a back up of your old sytem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Same happened to me; I just quit it. If you just upgraded from Tiger without wiping anything it's fine... it just sets-up input languages, time/date format, network config and such if I remember correctly. Nothing you can't set up from within System Preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.