buying new mac with leopard shipped

Reaction score
Hi, i want to buy a new mac i've been waiting until leopard release. but i saw many people have problems installing leopard on their own here.
did anyone actually buy a new mac and install with leopard these couple days. if so, how was it? thank you...

Reaction score
If its new than I would just go ahead and do a clean install, you will have no troubles with that guaranteed.

Reaction score
If you are buying it now it should already have leopard on it.

I noticed that on the Canadian and US Apple websites. That all new Macs should have Leopard preinstalled. There's a small Leopard icon near the top of the webpage. But, when you scroll down to the "included software" listing it still lists Tiger. Are the webmasters just slow? If they took the time to add the "Every new Mac includes Leopard" icon why wouldn't they also update the "included software" list? (shrug)

I might be getting an iMac with the 24" screen or MacPro in a few months. In the process of moving. Plus I had waited so that Leopard would be included. And now it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4 MHz iMac, 15" MacBook Pro , Mac OS 10.6.7
Two weeks ago I visited an Apple Store…
And the word was that they would sell the Macs that they had with Tiger first…

And the new OS disc would be shipped for me to install.

Well after reading various difficulties encountered during the install, I’m glad I waited.

I am now waiting for our local store to start selling iMac with Leopard pre-installed.

I will also eventually post an inquiry in the sub-forum Apple Desktops regarding this.

But anyone who sees this and buys a new Mac with Leopard pre-installed…
Please post your experience of how well it works (or doesn’t work) on your new machine.

LeopardGate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
I just bought my MacBook Pro 2 days ago when the Leopard was released. The computer came with Tiger and the DVD for Leopard. I upgraded it (no clean install) and it was very smooth. I worked on it for 2 days and I haven't noticed any problems.

OP
S
Reaction score
I just bought my MacBook Pro 2 days ago when the Leopard was released. The computer came with Tiger and the DVD for Leopard. I upgraded it (no clean install) and it was very smooth. I worked on it for 2 days and I haven't noticed any problems.

oh...thank you for ur info

i am still undecided if i should wait for preinstalled leopard macbook...

hope more ppl bought macbook with leopard disc give more info...
i just want to see how well it works

OP
S
Reaction score
i know this is unrelated to os 10.5, but hope someone could help.
i m switching from window to mac and i just wonder what software use to download bt torrent and play rmvb files, all kinds of movie files?thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 15 2.2ghz - 2gb - 8600m gt | ipod nano 8gb
i know this is unrelated to os 10.5, but hope someone could help.
i m switching from window to mac and i just wonder what software use to download bt torrent and play rmvb files, all kinds of movie files?thank you

Hi shuoshengzhou
Check the thread below. it will take you to the switchers hangout thread which will have a couple of links to software you may require.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37727

I will be making sure I use this once I receive my macbook :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.