eMac problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
I'm not sure if anyone can help with the old eMac but I'll give it a shot. My mother and father-in-law have an eMac that is frozen in the strangest way. It's been sitting in their room for almost a year and I feel terrible letting a mac go to waste.

My father-in-law told me that he was getting warnings that he was about to run out of space when the mouse arrow simply froze. Today my friend and I tried to boot it up and we were able to get into the desktop without the mouse. The arrow is frozen in the same place all the time.

We were able to get to the system setting without the mouse and were able to tab to the mouse settings but Apple-O would not open it for us.

Is there anyway to get the mouse arrow to unfreeze so as to get this piece of Apple history running again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
do you have the restore discs? I would try to restore the system...maybe an easier way but that could be an option. I have an eMac and had to do this once. Have you unplug the mouse and put it back in and restart?

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We've tried everything from buying a new mouse and we even got a new keyboard. We have also not been able to open the disc bay.

If we restore the system will that erase everything on the drive?

Reaction score
We were able to get to the system setting without the mouse and were able to tab to the mouse settings but Apple-O would not open it for us.

Sometimes pressing Enter works when Command + O doesn't ....

Do you know what version of the OS is installed?

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
enter wouldn't work, and it is OS 9.2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.