Anyone use Backup 3 to backup before doing a clean Leopard install?

Reaction score
Did you have any issues? I am slowing coming around to the idea of spending $130 on Leopard but I want to make sure I don't lose data like I did when going from 10.3 to 10.4.

I am thinking about just backing my files up manually to avoid problems but there are some things like Keychain where I don't see an option to export or save settings. That would take forever but on the plus side it would give me a chance to clean things out since I would get going through it all anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2Gb, 250Gb, 10.5.2
I've not yet upgraded, but would recommend using Carbon Copy Cloner to backup your entire system prior to upgrading.

I just ordered the family pack tonight and will certainly backup prior to upgrading.

Here's the link to Carbon Copy Cloner, it's an excellent backup program - http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

Good luck!

OP
M
Reaction score
I have already used Carbon Copy Cloner to make a full copy, but I was hoping to use Backup since it is more automatic(when it works).

A question about CCC, if I clone my HD to another drive, how does that affect my iTunes authorization? Can I boot from the clone to de-authorize?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.