Macbook Pro 15" burn DVD+R??

Reaction score
I am using Mac OS X 10.4, 2.16ghz intel core duo. I was wondering if there was any software that I could use to upgrade to allow me to burn DVD+R DL (8.5GB) disc. Or is it just not compatible with my laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
I thought the MBP's SuperDrive (Even the Core Duo ones) could burn both + and - Formats, including RW's and Dual Layers.

That was my understanding when i purchased my MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Check your system Profiler, I think some of the Superdrives can only do -R DL discs

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah I thought it would write DVD+R DL discs but cant get it to work either through toast or disk utility for some reason. Maybe it is not possible but my info about mac says:
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857:
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW

so I assumed that I could write the dvds. Is there a difference between DVD+R DL and just normal DVD-R other than + are rewritable and maybe I can only use the - ones??

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
According to your system info, you can only write to (just like it says) DVD-R and DVD-RW. These are only 4.7GB discs.

You cannot burn DVD+R, DVD+RW, or anything DL (the 8.5GB discs).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.