Leopard, jittery dock? [Worth Upgrading?]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ 2GB RAM
I went to my Local Mac store today to check leopard and see weather its worth upgrading for my MacBook Pro and I noticed on nearly every mac they had on display, the dock was, slow, jittery and generally uncomfortable to use. Coverflow was real smooth so I'm not sure weather is some task that could be slowing it down. I forgot to check if spotlight was indexing so it could of been that.

Anyone here experiencing these issues with Leopard?

I'm a professional user rather than a general user with my Mac. I mainly use my Mac for Logic 8 (Music Production) and Web & Graphics design so thats The CS3 Suite. Will leopard help benefit me with these? It sure does look rather tasty lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I was at local apple store today also & didn't notice any difference in the dock, they had 2 imacs, 2 macbooks & a macbook pro on display & all seemed fine.

However I understand alot of people have experienced this I think it may be something to do with type of install you carry out.

I was talking to the guy at the apple store about something else & he mentioned they Clean installed on every machine so this maybe why it appeared fine it may not be the case with an upgrade install?

I get my copy tomorrow (hopefully), so I guess I'll find out then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No Dock issues for me here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
I had a jittery dock and was getting a lot of beach balls in general. I used Main Menu to manually rebuild the spotlight index and my problems seem to have gone away. *keeping fingers crossed*

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
I just upgraded and my Dock is fine, no problems at all.

Reaction score
I A&I on my G5 Power Mac on Fri. I found the dock slow, even after spotlight finished indexing & also slower bootup. After a day of using, and another go at A&I I decided to move back to my Tiger backup. Hopefully this can be sorted by an update and can give Leopard another go.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have no speed issues with the dock either. Using it in the 3d mode, even with magnification set at max, can move back and forth across the dock as fast I can and the dock keeps up. No jitters or other issues. Note verified, but it seems like the delay for the dock to pop up when it is hidden takes just a little longer than with Tiger. But, I like this, as if I just accidentally hit the bottom of the screen it's not popping up on me.

Am liking Leopard a lot on my MBP and have no problem recommending it for the average home system. But as far as your use in a business setting, from what little I've seen, you may want to wait for some updates. For sure would recommend you research any possible issues with CS3, Logic and any others used in your business before you jump in on that machine. Time is money there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 750Gb HD, 4Gb Ram, OSX 10.5, 16Gb iPod Touch, JBL On Stage II.
Upgraded to 10.5 on saturday morning and have found no problem with my dock so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.