How can I connect my old SCSI scanner?

S

stevem

Hi,
I have just bought a new 12" Powerbook (can't put it down)
I have a 4 year old EPSON SCSI scanner which I used with my old Wall Street Powerbook and would dearly like to connect it to my new 12" Powerbook.
Does anyone have any advice please?
Thanks very much.
Cheers
Steve

OP
M

MickMAC

Or you could just pick up a different scanner. I got a used Epson perfection 1200 photo on ebay for $40, and it has usb connections. I don't know how much the adapter is but you may just want to look into a used scanner, if that works for ya.

OP
B

Badger

Belkin sells a scsi-firewire adapter for about $90 (US$). They also made a scsi-usb adapter but it is no longer listed on their site. you might check some of the sellers like CDW.com or Macconnections.com to see if they have anything. IMHO, given the cost and possible issues with the adapter and drivers, I agree with with MickMac - it is a good time to look for a new scanner.
Badger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Wow... for $90, it's cheaper to buy a new Scanner, unless yours is a highend PowerLook III or other Drum Scanner.

OP
S

stevem

Thanks for the advice, I guess I should buy a new one but I hate disposing of good working kit. Thanks again
Cheers
Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.