Magazine Cover Design

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I'm looking to make a few professional looking magazine covers for a project but I am pretty new to doing such things & just wondered if anyone could point me to the right applications?

Will I be able to do this with iWorks Pages or Numbers (if so anywhere I could look for tutorials?) or will I need to buy some other applications.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz
I'm looking to make a few professional looking magazine covers for a project but I am pretty new to doing such things & just wondered if anyone could point me to the right applications?

Will I be able to do this with iWorks Pages or Numbers (if so anywhere I could look for tutorials?) or will I need to buy some other applications.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

If you only gonna make a few covers for a project then download the trial version of Adobe CS3, you will need InDesign (which btw dont work in leopard, stupid apple/adobe people) to setup your magazine pages, or/and probably Photoshop for manipulating with images and adding effects, if its going to print then you need InDesign to setup printer marks etc but if it just gonna show on screen then Photoshop will do.

Chech out www.good-tutorials.com and www.tutorialized.com for some Photoshop tutorials.
Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.