may have a temp problem

Reaction score
Lately I notice that my macbook gets up to 74 degrees celsius when I am doing things like just surfing the internet on safari with two windows open. The fan goes up to 6,200rpms. I have no other apps open, in fact it is doing it right now. I really don't think it should be doing it for light use like this. I am even afraid to open FCP now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That is normal. If there was a problem, the machine would power off on its own before any damage was done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Mine does the same thing. I just live with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
It's a known problem. There's very little you can do about it without voiding your warranty.

Reaction score
how did u get those specs ? widget ? I'd like to be able to know on mine aswell, I thought it was abnormal too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
there are several things available to tell the speed of you fan and temp for widgets i like iStat pro as it gives me alot of information as to what is going on.

i also run smc Fan Control which is an app that will show you temp, fan speed and let you adjust the speed of your fan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.