Apple Mail 3.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 + Mac Pro 8-core 6Gb
Nothing good yet

Won't work with my POP / SMTP servers like Panther did. Can't Apple keep stuff in software which did work, and not throw it away?

Does anyone ever get the little window asking for the account password with the keychain checkbox there? My password has been the same for 7 years. It's saved in Mail. It always works fine in the webmail service. The servers ping fine and webmail is working fine. The password is fine, and Panther was collecting and sending mail fine yesterday.

Now Leopard's Mail is saying the server rejects the password when I retype it correctly.

Anyone seen that?

Thanks
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I doubt that's Leopard mail. It's probably a problem with the mail servers on your ISP. Give it some time and try it again.

Also, all passwords are stored in Keychain, Mail doesn't store anything itself. So that box is for your password from Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have a problem...

I can't delete emails in my aol box...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.