Address Book - no SMS in Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 + Mac Pro 8-core 6Gb
For me, I can't get the little Bluetooth button next the format ones at the top to let calls and SMSs come up in a window when my phone was connected. The important function was to let me type out text messages on the keyboard not phone keypad.

Now that button doesn't exist in Leopard - did in Panther. Did it in Tiger? It might be incompatible with my Nokia 6300, which still isn't with iSync. Thanks Apple.

Shoulda stayed with Panther.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What type of install did you do? You may need to re-pair your phone.

It all works fine for me in Leopard.

Reaction score
How did you get the Bluetooth button in Address Book on Leopard?

I did re-pair my phone, but nothing here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
i have the same problem used that functon all the time i did a full install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
need to get a bump for this. I would really like to know how to get the bluetooth button in address book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
AFAIK Bluetooth pairing with the address book in order to send SMS and dial using your mobile has been removed from Leopard's address book.

You can still sync things of course, but the address features have been removed.

http://leopard-lost.blogspot.com/2007/10/address-book-call-sms-features.html

EDIT:

I happened to stumble across this widget looking up that link above and found a great replacement!
http://algoritmer.dk/widget/

Unlike most SMS widgets that rely on 3rd party services, this one uses bluetooth to let you send messages via your phone a lá Tiger's address book. It works beautifully with my Sony Ericsson K750i. It even lets you type in address book contact names and will lookup contact's numbers for you in address book.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.