Konfabulator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
I'm sure you guys use this since it seems to be pretty popular. But for some reason, I can't get it to work.

I guess Konfabulator = Yahoo! Widget Engine, right? When I try and install the engine, it's suppose to ask me if I want to launch the engine so I can start downloading widgets for my desktop. But this does not happen. And when I go into my applications folder and try and open it from there, nothing happens either.

Could this be a Leopard issue, or is it something else?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yahoo Widget Engine

As I am sure those who use this have already found out, the most current version of Yahoo widgets is non-functional in Leopard.

However, for those of you that need your widgets until they get the new version out.... one of their old versions does work in Leopard, version 3.1.5 and you can get it from here.

Just make sure you don't update until their new version is released - they are working on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.