Entourage Mailbox Import

Reaction score
Hello,

I upgraded a friend today from 10.2 to Leopard. All went well. I have a backup using an older copy of Carbon Copy Cloner. I used Migration Assistant to transfer applications and documents, photos. What I have not been able to do is transfer the mailboxes from Entourage from the Backup to Entourage on the machine. Any advice?

I was able to use Mail to Import .mbox files into Mail, but these seem to be older emails she had when she was using Mail, I guess.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz 4Gb OCZ RAM
I don't have Entourage, heck or Office 2004 installed anymore, but going from memory, might be a little hazy :p

you just need to copy your entourage profile from the backup to the current setup. found in /users/username/documents/microsoft user data/office 2004 identities/

as for mail, similar as above but in /users/username/library/mail/

the mbox files were probably an old backup

Thunderbird is what I use now, simple case of backing up the profile folder, with the added bonus, I can use that backup and jump onto a Windows machine with Thunderbird, and my emails will be intact and vice versa :)

just thought, if that is what you did with Mac Mail, then I'm stumped, as I don't use it, too weird for me lol :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.