Time Machine question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook- Intel core 2 duo, 120GB, 1GB of RAM
Will I be able to un-plug my removable hard-drive and plug it in again with out time machine messing up? I bring my macbook to school with me everyday and would prefer not to have a removable hard-drive to carry around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
curious about this too!

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by removable but if you mean like an external usb hard drive then you're fine. Ive taken mine on and off like 10 times in the past day and it works fine, it just picks up where it left off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Mine is an external USB... I have it plugged in constantly but ocassionally take my laptop to work... I dont' want to have to lug the HD with me.

Reaction score
Ya it doesn't hurt anything to unplug it. Just drag the icon from your desktop to to the trash to eject it and then unplug it from your laptop and it should be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Yep, I've tested it with my firewire drive, and Time Machine does as it should - it will still notice and log changes to the system drive, and then sync up everything whenever you reconnect.

Reaction score
I heard you dont even need to eject it. Just unplug... will try find where I got it from. Came off Apple's site though..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.