Stacks issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
Ok first of all I accidently deleted my downloads stack.... How do i get it back?LOL

And I thought we were supposed to be able to drag any group of items to the dock and it would become a stack... well it's not working for me, is it for any of you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
By "group of items" do you mean a folder or did you just select a bunch of items and drag them in? I don't have Leopard yet but the video said you drag a folder in...

As far as the downloads stack, drag your Downloads folder into the dock and you should be fine...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
Ah, you are right about the folder dragging

I had a big noob moment; I didn't even know I had a downloads folder!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
edit: watchin TV while posting, takes awhile to finish it sometimes

Have experimented with dragging multiple folders to the dock - they all work - and a group of items as in a folder, not just a bunch of random items from multiple folders - if you want to do this - you will need to create a folder first and drop the items you want into it, then drag that folder to the dock

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.