Data Transfer (Newbie Question!)

Reaction score
These are a couple of newbie questions so I beg your indulgence. I just ordered a new Macbook Pro 2.4GHz w/ Leopard installed. I want to clone all of the data on my desktop iMac 1.25GHz (running Tiger) to the new MBP. In other words I want to end up with the same identical files/apps on both computers.

(1) Is it best way to do this with SetUp Assistant or Migration Assistant using a Firewire cable between the computers?

(2) Can I assume that Tiger (on the iMac) will NOT transfer since the MBP would already have Leopard installed?

Thank you very much. Also, if you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The Migration Assistant is really good at transferring all your files and settings. Just a few clicks and it's done. Only your files and settings get transfered, the OS itself will remain the same.

OP
K
Reaction score
The Migration Assistant is really good at transferring all your files and settings. Just a few clicks and it's done. Only your files and settings get transfered, the OS itself will remain the same.

Excellent. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.