Against The Tide: I DIDN'T Get Leopard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
With the flood of Leopard related posts, I thought it would be fun to start a "I Didn't Get Leopard" thread! :D

I didn't get Leopard because:

• It is a "1.0" release
  • It is brand new, sure to have a few nasty bugs lurking
  • It likely needs some optimization
  • There are likely some compatibility issues with existing software
  • I would rather let Leopard ...ahem... earn its spots on someone else's time - I will get it once I am sure it is fully shaken out
How about you? Who DIDN'T get Leopard and why?

Reaction score
I didn't get Leopard as I didn't want to go through all of the hassles of "shaking-out" the bugs. I'll wait a few months until apps are updated to work with Leopard and Apple releases a few updates -- then reassess to see if there is really a compelling reason to upgrade.

Reaction score
I didn't get Leopard because I'm using a jellybean iMac with 64 megs of RAM running 9.2 and live in a cave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Your 4th point is the only real valid one Mac57. The rest are subjective, although there is nothing wrong with that. There are a few problems but nothing really bad and nothing that can't be fairly easily fixed.

Reaction score
I didn't get leopard because I had something else to do beside travel an hour to buy it the night of its release, plus I need to figure out how I'm going to get it working on a slow g3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think it will work on your slow G3...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I didn't buy leopard because I go to college and I know that I won't get any work done if I buy leopard know. So I'll just wait till I finish college, which is in like 5-6 months...I CANT WAITTT!!!!

PLus by then there will be less compatibility issues with software and less bugs (hopefully!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I didn't get Leopard because they didn't have a family pack at the shop.........

M

MacHeadCase

I posted my reasons here. And someone posted having problems with what is most important to me, the Adobe apps. I don't have the money to go CS3 so having CS2 in working order is very important to me.

Till the member who posted the compatibility issues answers my questions, that solves it for me: Leopard will be a definite no-no till I get assurances it'll work with the apps I have. The rest, the eye candy and some added features Leopard brings, is nice but not essential to me. And the more I think, the more I will NOT be using Time Machine. SuperDuper! does exactly what I need while Time Machine does not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I agree with baggss. Leopard is a surprisingly stable release. I was worried about 1.0 bugs at first, but after having used Leopard for a while, I have yet to come across any. All of my software works great with the new OS (a few needed updating, but that was expected).

Don't worry though. While you're trying to find reasons not to upgrade, I'll be sitting here enjoyi...err, "testing" Leopard out for you ;P

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I didn't buy leopard because I go to college and I know that I won't get any work done if I buy leopard know. So I'll just wait till I finish college, which is in like 5-6 months...I CANT WAITTT!!!!

PLus by then there will be less compatibility issues with software and less bugs (hopefully!)

Buy it now, open it later, so you can get a student discount. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i didnt get Leopard cus i couldnt figure out what version i needed

You should buy the Super Duper Home Deluxe Pro Maximum efficiency output anti-Global Warming edition.

I did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I didn't get the anti global warming edition, I like it warm and toasty :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I did not get Leopard and join in with the others with the Leopard Excitement because..........

I am broke till next weekend! I might get it then if MHC does not talk me out of it. :D

If I do end up with Leopard it will for sure be the Super Duper Home Deluxe Pro Maximum efficiency output anti-Global Warming edition!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have come across one bug, but I fixed it fast. Front Row was making my mac go to sleep, so I turned off the screen saver under its settings, then it fixed it. Very odd.

But that is the only thing I noticed for bugs. Otherwise, running smooth. When Tiger came out, I didn't notice any bugs then either. Seems like any bug is a minor one at this point. And Apple is good about fixing these things. With Tiger, was there not an update, what like... a week or two later?

I am missing why some are holding out (besides compatibility issues of course), when you still want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I didn't get leopard because I didn't have the extra cash for it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
I didn't get Leopard because for some reason the Uni I go to doesn't get their shipment in yet and I wasn't willing to spend more then the 69 bucks Canadian to get it. I should get it next week.

I am a little worried about my Photoshop CS not working now though. Anyone hear anything about Macromedia Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Flash version 8 not working?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.