Boot Camp-Win XP wont sychronize with time server

Reaction score
Win XP and Leopard are both running smoothly, however winXP wont synchronize with the time server and I have to manually set up time every time I boot up. Also, when I boot back into Mac Leopard; the time is displayed incorrectly until I click on the clock to open the dialog box which seems to refresh the time and then I have the correct time again. Can someone please help resolve this problem?

I should probably add that when I was using bootcamp with Mac OS X tiger I had the exact same problem and I had hoped that Leopard would fix it but was unlucky with that. Also, I have installed all Mac drivers from the leopard CD; I can browse the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Simple answer, no fix.

Turns out OS X reads the system clock differently then Windows does, so there is no real permanent fix, but I managed by doing the following:

In OS X, set your clock to sync with the servers in your time zone. Then, in Windows, make sure that same setting is OFF. I'm in Vista, so I have an option to set up a secondary clock, so I just played with the time zones until it matched up and all was well. I don't remember if XP can do this though, so you should look into a 3rd party app that can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.