Nightmare Leopard Install

M

MacHeadCase

im stuck at the blue screen of death (BSoD)...
ive tried everything...booting into disk mode, single user mode, repairing disk permissions....i just dont know what to do...apple's guide thing didnt work for me...i've been on hold with apple for like 45 minutes and i CANT TAKE IT i neeeddd helppp

Did you try these?

Reaction score
I got that blue screen and it cleared itself after about an hour.........give it time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Just finished my install (Erase/Install) of Leopard on my C2D MacBook and it went without a hitch. Also re-installed iLife 08 and everything seems to be going god thus far. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Greetings! I'm now nearly one hour into use w/ Leopard. So far things are fine, no issues. Everything seems to be in place, no data loss, no capability loss. The A&I upgrade worked great.

Thank you again baggss! You helped get me thinking the way I needed to think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Mathogre, let me apologize to you if any of my posts came across as condescending. In fact, let me apologize to the group as a unit ( :) ). This was pointed out to me and in retrospect I can see how some might feel that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
The group as a unit. Lol! (-_^) (I remember.)

No problem. I didn't see any condescension, though I probably wouldn't have seen anything unless it looked like a solution to my problem anyway. (I get real focussed sometimes, and this install was certainly one of those times.) I needed to see this from an OS X perspective. Once I did, it was easy.

Now I've found a couple little things that don't work. The Gimp. Airport Radar dashboard widget. The former may be a matter of doing Xcode (which i've yet to upgrade), and the latter was solved by the use of JiWire WiFi Hotspot Finder. I'm sure I'll find a couple other things that don't work as they should, but I can connect to work, attach to Linux and Windows machines. I can do most everything I need and want to do, so this is good. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
i bow to your superior knowledge

but i still reckon there are more on line tales of woe this time round

...and how many new mac users have joined the fold this time around as apposed to previous versions? I would say it's safe to bet that the percentage of complaints is the same if not significantly lower!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
guys...i got leopard installed! yesss
okay but i have a problem
For some reason, when i try to delete any message in Mail, i get this error message:
The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: UID COPY failed Deleted Messages: no such mailbox.

whats up with this? anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
...and how many new mac users have joined the fold this time around as apposed to previous versions? I would say it's safe to bet that the percentage of complaints is the same if not significantly lower!

whatever:Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
actually i just solved that problem i mentioned above...for anyone else who might be having the problem, u just have to go into mail preferences then mailbox behavior and uncheck the box that says 'move deleted messages to the trash mailbox'

Reaction score
User account issue

Ok so after loading Leopard and getting caught in the blue screen of death for 4 hours, I resolved that issue by reinstalling. Now I find that the 10.5 install has changed my user account from administrator to standard and there is no administrator on the computer anymore. Can anybody help me with this?

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but that also happened to me,I setup a new ADMIN account and changed permissions on the stuff that I needed.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I just wanted to say that I just did an A/I install on my MBP after doing a fresh install on my MB last weekend. The install went without a hitch and have not had any problems thus far. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.