Please help - buying Applecare from another country

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a Macbook Pro soon, but here in Italy Applecare costs €439, which is way too much for me! If I buy an APP on Ebay from the USA, will it still work for me here? Or will I have to send my laptop to America if something happens?

P.S. I'd posted this question in another thread about Applecare, but I don't think it was being read anymore because the thread was a few days old and the original question had already been answered, so I posted this question here - I hope that's okay. O:)

Reaction score
I dont have direct answer for ya, but try giving applecare a call and asking them??? or an apple store???? Good luck

Reaction score
in a german mac forum many have purchased us apple care and it seems to register just fine...since you are a MBP owner (to-be) it should actually work because the mobile APP offer global service...however if you read the terms and conditions you will see that it is not allowed officially...Apple doesn't seem to care though...at least I have heard of one guy who registered his us APP over the hotline in Germany.
but keep in mind that apple might do something about it in the future...as for now there seems to be no problem with foreign APPs in Europe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.