I missed the Setup Assistant! :<

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Hey all!

Installed Leopard last night, wee :)

But once I'd rebooted, the setup assistant wizard video clip thing came up, and it sorta froze a little bit: the video at least, the audio kept running, but I had to close it down since I couldn't see it.

Is there any way I can re-watch this?

I know it's just a silly little thing but I want to see it :D

Reaction score
I don't know about Leopard but in 10.3 and 10.4 you needed to find two things—the movie itself, and the associated soundtrack. They’re stored separately, as the sound continues to play during initial setup, long after the movie has ended. Give this a go anyway.

In Finder, click on Go, then choose Go To Folder and copy/paste the following into the text field:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/

Look for these: intro.mov is the movie itself, and intro-sound.mp3 is the audio. Just click-and-drag to copy them to a new location such as your Desktop—they’ll copy, not move, as that folder is protected.

Highlight both files on your Desktop and drag them onto the QuickTime icon if you have it in your Dock.

Let me know if this doesn't work as I don't have Leopard and things may have changed as to where the files are stored ...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's the place and it is a pretty cool little intro scene....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.