Thinking about buying a mac

Reaction score
Hey, i was thinking about buying a Mac to play some games on. i would be mainly playing Teamfortress 2 and Warhammer online thats coming out in a couple months. i would use bootcamp to run them if The MAC OS X can run them the problem is my Budget i can only spend up to 650 dollars i would need a computer with pretty good graphics and atleast 1 gig of ram if anyone would have any suggestions? i would really appreciate it.

:D

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Hey, i was thinking about buying a Mac to play some games on

...why?

This is quite contradictory of me. In buying a Mac, I did so because I knew it could play World of Warcraft happily, which is the only PC game I really care about.

But Macs aren't gaming machines.. not really... especially not for 650 dollars. Any Mac in that price would be of the "onboard graphics" standard, i.e. the mini, so you couldn't expect stellar performance on most games. Or even playable performance on the ones you mention?

Plus, games need to be released on Mac for them to work under OSX! Of course any new Mac would have Leopard and Boot Camp now, so you can boot into Windows to play.. but you would also need a Windows disc/license to do just that :p

650 dollars is really not a lot for a computer at all, even a PC, to be honest >< it won't get you much for gaming...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
for gaming the best machine would be a macbook pro, iMac or Mac pro.

The macbook and Mac Mini are not really for gaming

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.