Lost Admin Access After Upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
This Leopard upgrade has not been completely painless. After getting past the blue screen issue I'm finally up and running.

Trouble is, admin privileges have been removed from my user account, there is no admin account, and I cannot get root in a terminal. I can't make any changes to my system.

I tried rebooting to single and changing the root password, but I still can't su in Terminal.

Any suggestions? Is there a "default" root/admin password? Anyone know how to set the admin access flag on my user account via command line at single user?

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Never mind...fixed it.

Booted to CDROM, used the password utility to reset root's password. I also reset the System Administrators ACL's while I was there. Rebooted and was able to grant my account admin privileges.

All is wonderful again....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.