gmail account on msn messenger using adium x

Reaction score
I have recently been trying to switch from hotmail to gmail since having joined the "windows live junk email" which i cnt seem to access on my apple. Msn is the only problem. I am having a hard time setting this up... i go into accounts, put in my username/pw, then i load it up, so i tried diff login server ( swapped hotmail with gmail) but nothing worked. what is the login server and the port for gmail on msn messenger? im curious because i have seen others using msn messenger with gmail accounts. so im pretty sure its possible. anyone fill me in? thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks a lot! i was successful after that! i am glad to be switching from hotmail, which doesnt even allow me to forward my email to gmail, haha, but its ok, soon i'll no longer be dependant of hotmail.

OP
M
Reaction score
i got everything to work now, but i have one problem with my nickname, it says "e-mail address not verified" and i can not change it for some reason, anyone know the cause/solution to this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Yep. In your inbox you should have an email with a link in it to verify your email address. Click it and then restart Adium X. You should be able to change your MSN name now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.