Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
I wonder if I maybe over estimated the time it took then, hm :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
blue screen

The only solution I found was a complete erase and install. There is a big discussion of this problem on the Apple discussion forums.

i left mine on the blue screen overnight expecting it to be there in the morning
and it was.

i shut down left it for a while, then rebooted with the 'c' key held down which took me back to the disk. then i ran the disk again but chose archive and install. after that no problems.

now for my g4ibook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I installed this afternoon from the time I put the DVD in my MacBook Pro I set the timer. It took right at 28 minutes from start to reboot into Leopard and no issues at all. So far all of my software works, one little bug-a-boo is whenever I quit World of Warcraft my SOHO Notes tab un-docks itself from the screen and is sort of in a float mode. I have to open SOHO and re-dock it. If that is the only issue I'm dealing with, I'd say I'm one of the lucky ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 1 TB HD, 4 GB RAM
I did the simple upgrade. I went to the gym and when I got back it was all done. No problems at all, everything seems to work fine. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but so far it's great. I especially like the new Preview.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
Went to KOP in Pa to get OS X Leopard last nite. Got a free Tshirt. I don't like going to the store since its so crazy there. I started the install today on my macbook, left for a while and came back. My mac was sleeping but would not wake up. Powered back on, stuck at a blue screen. Rebooted, samething. Went online to see if anyone else had the problem, guess what? tons of posts. Tried removing preference panes as noted here http://www.computerworld.com/action...leBasic&articleId=9044378&intsrc=news_ts_head but ran into the same probelm. Now I am trying the archive and install. Hope this goes well.

Reaction score
so i did the upgrade option, and while i'm up and running right now and everything seems to be working semi-ok, i'm wondering if i shouldn't still do a clean install.

my audio interface no longer works, nor does my midi controller (both m-audio). there's a few other quirks and whatnot. should i just do a fresh install to be "safe?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 750Gb HD, 4Gb Ram, OSX 10.5, 16Gb iPod Touch, JBL On Stage II.
I installed leopard this morning and the install while taking over an hour and a half, went without a hitch. All my apps work like they did in 10.4.9. The only bugs that i have found so far are with some widgets (no big deal). I have 'Time Machine' running to my LaCie D2 quadra 750 GB and it works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12-inch
I tried to install Leopard on my PowerBook G4, and it has been installing for 5 hours!! The screen is blank and my computer hasn't restarted like it said it would. Has anyone else have had this problem? I'm going to return my dvd to Apple. I've tried calling customer support and the wait time is over 20 minutes. Geez...

Reaction score
I did an upgrade on my wife's MacBook Pro dual core, and had the "pale-blue screen of death". I've read that Apple has told people to wait 2-3 hours for it to pass through the screen. To me that's a bunch of crap.
The problem is if you have installed "clear dock", there would be an app called "application enhancer" installed in system preferences. You must DELETE this app, this is what causing the blue-screen issue.
Follow these instructions to a "t", and everything will boot up fine.
Click here
after following thse instructions everything works fine. I am going to back-up everything and go ahead and do a "clean" install, just in case something else doesn't jive with Leopard.

Good luck guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I did an upgrade on my wife's MacBook Pro dual core, and had the "pale-blue screen of death". I've read that Apple has told people to wait 2-3 hours for it to pass through the screen. To me that's a bunch of crap.
The problem is if you have installed "clear dock", there would be an app called "application enhancer" installed in system preferences. You must DELETE this app, this is what causing the blue-screen issue.
Click here
after following thse instructions everything works fine. I am going to back-up everything and go ahead and do a "clean" install, just in case something else doesn't jive with Leopard.

Good luck guys!

Interesting. I have clear dock and Application Enhancer on both my Quad and iBook and neither had/has any issue. Haven't removed them from either. They don't work, nor do any other Unsanity Haxies yet.

Maybe it's an Intel only thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Click here

Good luck guys!

That's not true. I had the blue screen on a computer where APE was never installed to begin with.

There is definitely a problem when doing the "upgrade" option for a large number of people, but APE is not the cause.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
New MacBook pro - upgrade to Leopard - no issues at all! This OS is flying!

Reaction score
upgrade

I just completed an upgrade to Leopard and only faced one issue. When launching the install, upon restart the backup disk was located (with a notice that Leopard could not be installed on that disk) but the Mac HD was not showing up. I tried a few different times of loading and starting from the disk. Once I removed the backup hard drive, all went well. It took ~1.5 hrs to install on a 20 inch Imac with Intel Core Duo processor running at 2.16 ghz and 2 gb of memory. So far the OS has been more stable than my previous 10.4 install but it's still too early to be definitive. I do like using Spaces, however.

Jim

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
APE might not be the cause of everyones upgrade Blue Screen but for sure it's affected some users. Saying its always the cause though is not correct.

Archive and Install has solved it for everyone I have talked to so far though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
Just a follow up from my previous post. Archive and install did work for. However, after making sure everything was backed up, I decided to do a fresh install, so far everything is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.