Is anyone installing?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Fonts much better also
Pictures in order show:
1) font in Leopard after simple upgrade
2) font in Tiger
3) font in Leopard after Erase & Install

Picture 2.png

Picture 4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yeah, there's definitely something funky with the "Upgrade" option in Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
Yeah, there's definitely something funky with the "Upgrade" option in Leopard.

the only problem i've had is with iChat, but I seem to be the only one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16gh 2gb ram
Fonts much better also
Pictures in order show:
1) font in Leopard after simple upgrade
2) font in Tiger
3) font in Leopard after Erase & Install

mmm... funny. I did simple upgrade and they are as good as yours at 3)

BTW: DANG!!! I LIKE THE NEW FINDER AND PREVIEW (the app)!

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
TomyDingo, do you have any of the add-ons for iChat? If so, have you checked to make sure that they are compatible with Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
TomyDingo, do you have any of the add-ons for iChat? If so, have you checked to make sure that they are compatible with Leopard?

No add ons. I haven't used iChat in a long time, but decided to try it again after installing leopard. i may switch back to Adium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm installing Leopard as we speak. Doing an Erase and Install. I spent about an hour backing up mine and my brother's Macs before upgrading my brother's computer. In 30 minutes, I too shall be able to enjoy a new machine :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still haven't made up my mind about using Time Machine. I like the fact that SuperDuper creates bootable backups.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And still do not like the fact that any folder you add to the dock, for instance your Apps folder, does not show you the Apps icon, but the icon of the first file that resides inside the folder - and since I have that particular App sitting in the dock already - this gives me 2 of the same icons sitting there - do not like this at all....

M

MacHeadCase

I saw in the demo yesterday that right-clicking on the folders and files in the dock brought up options: outside from the interface options (fan and tile, I think?), is there anything in there that would allow you to change that, bob?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And still do not like the fact that any folder you add to the dock, for instance your Apps folder, does not show you the Apps icon, but the icon of the first file that resides inside the folder - and since I have that particular App sitting in the dock already - this gives me 2 of the same icons sitting there - do not like this at all....

Yes, I'm sure if Apple doesn't add the preference for that, someone will come out with some way to modify that behavior.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I still haven't made up my mind about using Time Machine.

So far the only gripe I have is that Time Machine doesn't work over the network (unless I am missing something). I have a hunking great G5 dual PowerMac with 1Terrabyte of mirrored RAID which I'd hoped to use as a central backup machine. Maybe 10.6?

Anywho, apart from that my upgrades went without a hitch, touch wood - still two machines left to do, I've so far done a straight upgrade on the PowerMac, an iBook 1Ghz (works fine so not sure what the problem was with the 800Mhz version) and my MacBook Pro.

My new iMac is currently upgrading and I've a MacBook to go.

I might leave my old G4 iMac on Tiger for a while, just in case. ;-)

(and before anyone asks yes I did get the Family Pack and a £5 discount one is on the way)

The only issue I've noticed so far is that XP under Parallels has lost it's sound, might need to update Parallels or something.

Amen-Moses

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, figured out what it's doing. It is creating a "stack" of the files and folders within the folder rather than the icon of the folder. It is always a 'stack', whether just sitting in the dock or expanded into 'stack' view. Depending on the size of the icon for the first item within the folder, you may actually be able to see 2 or 3 additional icons sitting behind the front one. If you change the 'Sort By' option, you'll see that the front icon may change.

What I have done is created a folder within my Apps and my Games folders called '1'....then changed it's icon to the one I want displayed in the dock.... and selected 'Sort By...Name'. Since this folder will be the first item within the respective folders, it is the one in front. I can live with that.

and, btw, for it to work, you have to remove the folder from the dock and then put it back after you have changed the icon. It appears that once a file / folder is in a stack, the original icon for that file/folder is the one that is displayed in the stack whether you change it or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
It Has Been Taking Me 2 Hourss And I Get Stuck On This Gray Screen With The Apple Beachball.

Reaction score
I installed it yesterday and it's been working fine. The only problem I had is that yesterday the Shared part of finder was working fine and now today I can't get it to see anything. I'm guessing it might be because I turned on the firewall but I haven't figure it out yet. Anyone have any ideas.

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
I'm guessing it might be because I turned on the firewall but I haven't figure it out yet. Anyone have any ideas.

Try turning it off again to confirm?

If it is that you'll need to allow traffic on your LAN basically ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I installed on my MBP last night and it took less than an hour, I did an upgrade, everything went fine. So far I am liking Leopard, most of my apps seem to be working, only things that aren't working are some Safari add-ons I had and a couple hacks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
3 A&I's in a row last night and not a glitch.

The Dock does lag a bit on my 1Ghz G4 iBook, but that doesn't surprise me. That machine also doesn't have the transparent menu bar, I assume since it doesn't support Core Graphics.

My Quad and my wife's iMac took exactly 43 min a piece to upgrade an my iBook took 55 min to do so, all 3 installs were 6.6Gb in size.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.