Tools

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi All,

So, my new (old) MacBook Pro just arrived a few hours ago... In my excitement, I actually didn't think about (or notice) the fact that I didn't install the extra gig of RAM that arrived yesterday from Crucial...

Anyway, having installed RAM on all kinds of PC systems (both desktops and notebooks) I figured this would be a cake walk...

Err... Umm... No...

Turns out that none of my screwdrivers were small enough to open the thing up...

Obviously I'm gonna need a new toolkit... Any recommendations?

Thanks!

J

PS: Mods, I realize this isn't specifically about the MBP, but I posted here since I figure folks that work with MBPs would know the most about needed tools to maintain it... If this should have gone in OHP, please feel free to move it... Thanks

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I got mine from Radio Shack, but I assume Circuit City or Best Buy would also carry them near their RAM/Hard Drives.

edit: I didn't realize you're in Russia, so I have no idea how much this will actually help you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Stanley makes a nice set of small screwdrivers (3 philips, 3 flat head) that you can pick up at any store that sells tools or Wal-Mart. They come in very handy for me on a lot of things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
iirc it's just a regular old #0 phillips screwdriver, which is something that any hardware store should sell, I would expect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.