Moving Programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Hey guys , like many of us I am planning on upgrading to Leopard. I have final cut pro studio installed on my internal HD. I own an external HD. Is there a way to move the program onto my internal drive, do a clean install of 10.5, then move it back. It will take me a while to reinstall it due to the large size. I really want to do a clean install. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
It depends on how you installed it.

If you installed Final Cut by just dragging the application icon to your applications folder, then you can transfer the app where you want.

However if it was installed via a .pkg installer then you can't. You'll need the original .pkg installer

OP
MacMania55
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Im not sure how final cut studio installs. I know it wasnt drag and drop, or atleast i dont think so. Its multiple discs, when it tells you to switch you put the next one in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Then I doubt you can simply drag and drop the app like that. Maybe someone else can confirm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.