Leopard Software Update?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

received my copy of Leopard today and after a few teething problems it looks like my Black MacBook is running OSX 10.5.

One small bug/hitch/issue that I was wondering if anyone else had encountered, I've tried clicking on software update on my Apple menu but I get the following error message when I try:

The file “index-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog” couldn’t be found on the server “swscan.apple.

Reaction score
This is apparently a problem on Apple's server.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
What teething issues did you have? Is it a C2D or a CD CPU?

The software update is probably not online yet for Leopard, give it a day or so. I'd definately run that before installing Leopard, to make sure all the latest patches (probably containing Leopard compatibility fixes) are on prior to the upgrade.

OP
LusoLeopard
Reaction score
So it should work when Apple sorts out things on their neck of the woods? Is this a common problem?

OP
LusoLeopard
Reaction score

The software update is probably not online yet for Leopard, give it a day or so. I'd definately run that before installing Leopard, to make sure all the latest patches (probably containing Leopard compatibility fixes) are on prior to the upgrade.

The install DVD didn't recognize my hard drive initially so it refused to install- I had to run the disk utility and check the volume. Installed fine after that.

iTunes also refused to work - I deleted some plugins that were not Leopard compatible and now it's booting up with no issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Software update for Leopard has been online for some time now. Many of the developer drops were done that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Software update for Leopard has been online for some time now. Many of the developer drops were done that way.

Yes, there's a problem though with the shipping version and Apple's servers. It's a widespread issue, documented at MacFixit.

However, I just ran it while I typed this and it looks like it's back to working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes, there's a problem though with the shipping version and Apple's servers. It's a widespread issue, documented at MacFixit.

That's kind of sad actually. Are there any updates yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
My bad on the update availability.

I know there are some further iLife '08 updates for Leopard, but they have been out for a few days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Everything went fine on the install on my Mac mini, updates included...only 4 more upgrades to go....LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0GHz CD | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive | iPod 3G 20GB
Got the iLife 08 and remote desktop upgrades but my bootcamp assistant keeps telling me I need to update my system even though no more updates are available! I've reinstalled 10.5 twice now and i still get the same error. Its driving me crazy as I can't dump my old Windows PC until I get bootcamp up and running :(

bootcamp.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0GHz CD | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive | iPod 3G 20GB
I just fixed this problem!! I had my 250GB drive set-up with 2 partitions and Boot Camp would only let me install windows if the internal drive was set as 1 partition! I'm so happy I got this working :D

Reaction score
Installation of Leopard

Just installed Leopard onto a Mac Mini without any issues apart from the Finder locking up but a simple reboot fixed that.

Love it so far!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.