Connect MacBook Pro to HDtv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4Ghz C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hi Guys

I need to connect my macbook 17inch pro to my Samsung HD TV (42inch) and run sound through my LG home cinema system

Ive got the hdmi connected but cant figure out the audio

I have included some pics at the bottom to show the connection options at the rear of both appliances
------

Also I have just ordered a mac tv box so that I dont have to bring my mac to tv everytime I want to watch a movie etc. What leads do I need to run that into my tv?

Reaction score
you can use optical audio out of the MBP into the TV if you have an optical input on the TV. Optical audio and headphone jack are the same on the MBP (on mine at least)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4Ghz C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
you can use optical audio out of the MBP into the TV if you have an optical input on the TV. Optical audio and headphone jack are the same on the MBP (on mine at least)

Thanks man.

Do you have a link for what I need? Also will this get my home cineman to produce the sound?

Reaction score
i don't know if your tv has optical in but you can use analog for sure. You just want a cable that goes from a head phone jack to right and left audio rca connections. Plug that cable into the audio left and right on the back of your lg sound system

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.