iMac in a corner

Reaction score
Hi

I'm going to put my iMac 24" in a corner replacing my PC monitor. However whilst I am aware it will fit, how much room do I need either side of it to do things liek access any buttons or insert a DVD or get to ports etc? Is a 2" gap enough?

thanks
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
Well, I think that if you can put a cd/dvd between the iMac and wall you'll be ok. All the connectors and powerbutton are at the back.

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
thanks. This worries me. I don't want to be sitting 3 inches from my new iMac. have to get a tape measure out tonight I guess!! ;)

thanks Supox for the reply.
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Use an external DVD drive and you will be fine. If however you want to use the built in drive then yuo do not want to wedge it in a corner unless you are fine with turning the imac alittle every time you put a cd in or take it out.

Really it is so light it is easy t ojust turn alittle to use the cd then put it right back.

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
thanks mate. I see you have the 24" - how close do you sit to it? How close is too close?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi

I have the same machine, and also have it across a corner. I do have to pull the right hand side out a bit to insert a disc, and I do have to be careful when ejecting one ( if I forget to move the iMac, the disc pops back in when it hits the wall).

I sit about 18" away from it, which is a bit too near I know, but I have not much option in the room I am in, plus the keyboard cable is not long enough to sit further away.....should have bought the cordless version!!

Funny thing though, when I first bought the machine it looked enormous....now it seems no different from my old 19" model.

Cheers

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments DT. I opted for the wired keyboard too - thoguth the usb hub might be useful.

hehe well mine's going to be fairly near a 32" LCD tv which might look a bit odd...!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.