would this be feasible?

Reaction score
so I just got the new imac and I want it to be faster in video editing as well as my flight simulator... I cant upgrade the graphics card but can I get an external something or other that is a slave for the graphics card that is in the imac?

maybe a used mac mini with an upgraded graphics card or somethin connected to the imac?

Is this possible?

Thanks

JJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
For starters, the Mac mini uses integrated graphics, so you'll never be able to find one that has a better graphics solution than your iMac, which has a dedicated graphics card.

Secondly, there are currently no external video cards available for personal use. You might find something in the corporate or commercial sector, though they'll cost more than your iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What iMac did you get? How much memory do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
He said "new iMac" so I'm guessing the aluminium one.

Which processor is your iMac?

I thought the new iMac's GPU was decent and got great FPS in 30 games.

OP
J
Reaction score
I got the 20'' imac, 2.4 ghz and 4 gigs ram. I think there was only one option for the video card... the ati radeon 2600 with 256 of vram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.