Deactivate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I'm really sorry because I feel like this was already asked but I couldn't find it for the life of me. Do I need to deactivate any apps that used install codes originally if I'm doing an erase and install to Leopard? Specifically microsoft office for mac and eyetv. (I still have the disks and codes if you're wondering.)

Also, I have my iTunes authorized on 4 machines and there is no option in my accounts to deactivate all and I never have, does it only show up when you use all 5 computers? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) No. You will be able to use the same codes again.

2) It only shows when all 5 available authorizations are used. You can deauthorize an individual machine from the STORE menu option in iTunes, but it won't matter. The authorization is tied to the machine not the OS.

3) Why are you doing a "clean" install?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Thanks. I'm doing a clean install because when I play a DVD in front row (already a thread about it on here somewhere) it freezes the whole system and shows green "frozen nintendo" effects on the screen. So....it appears something is messed up. I've tried reinstalling front row with no luck, so I'm just gonna start fresh again. I already have all my files including mail, calendar, and contacts prefs backed up so I'm good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Try this test:

Create a second account on your machine and see if the same thing happens. If it does, an Archive and Install is what you want as it will replace the underlying system where the problem lay, there is no need for a clean install. If it doesn't, then it is either the Apps preferences or your profile that is hosed. You can do a clean install, but it's the long way around fixing the problem.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.