How to burn a image from a ISO on a Powerbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4 15" 1.5ghz with OS X 10.4.10 on it. I just purchased it from someone and I want to do a fresh install. Unfortunately there were no OS X install CD's that came with it, however there is a OS X Tiger ISO on the HDD. I was told by the previous owner that I need to burn the ISO to a CD with Toast and then install it. However I do not know how to do this. It does have a superdrive.

I was going just see about putting it on a firewire HDD but also dont know how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You can use Disk Utility in /Applications/Utilities/. You'll of course need a blank DVD and a DVD burner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts and moved to proper software forum

OP
G
Reaction score
I have blank DVD+RWs but it says that there is not enough room on this disk. I also have DVD+R DL that are 8.5GB, but the computer just spits them right back out. The ISO file is 5.05GB and the DVD+RW are only 4.7GB

What else can I do??

Is there anyway to burn it to a Firewire HDD and boot from that to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Unfortunately there were no OS X install CD's that came with it, however there is a OS X Tiger ISO on the HDD.

That's too bad.

You do not have a license for that ISO image. Burning that image would be a violation of the copyright law of the US and most other jurisdictions, as well as the Apple software licensing agreement.

If you can't get the original disks (not burned copies) from the person who sold you the computer, you'll have to buy replacements from Apple.

M

MacHeadCase

Like technologist says, what you are asking help with is really really really against forum rules (read 'em, they're great!):

4- Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs.

*Locking this thread now*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.