Mac Office spell check problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
When I go through a spell check on my copy of Office for Mac, it works just fine and checks the spellings properly; however, the program will not allow me to add any words to dictionary. I checked for the custom dictionary and it tells me that it is present yet I am still unable to add any words it. Has anyone else had this problem? anyone know a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
Nope , not had that problem, I run NeoOffice, fined Mac office abit wierd to use.But to me it sounds like a problem, that wont be esaely fix, you might have to take the holl thing of ur computer and re install it, that might help sort out the problem.But I am sure some one can help you, who knows more about that sort of problem.

OP
NolaWegs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I agree, it doesn't sound like an easy problem to fix. I could understand it a bit more if the custom dictionary hadn't loaded or was not included in the original file but I am still able to locate it on the computer. Any help that anyone has or any other avenues that might provide some answers would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" White (Jul 07); OS Tiger 10.4.1; 2.16GHz;120GB HDD
Possible solution to the custom dictionary not allowing you to add new words

I resolved this by adding a new custom dictionary saved as with the file name custom dictionary-2.
To do this:
1. select the 'Word" menu item "preferences"
2. Select "Spelling and Grammar" in the edit options pane
3. Select the "dictionaries" button and then "Add" in the new window.
4. Give your dictionary a new name.
5. Make sure it is selected as well as your previous custom dictionary and save the changes.

You should now be able to see "Add" in the right click menu or spell check window

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.