Songs on iPod won't play

Reaction score
So I recently bought my first iPod - an 80gb classic - and I'm having a bit of a problem... I've noticed that a handful of songs will play for a few seconds on my ipod and then it will skip to the next song. This has never happened with the same songs on itunes, and I've only noticed it happening with one particular artist. Did the files somehow become corrupt when they were transfered onto my ipod? How do I fix this? Thanks for the help in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If it's just one artist, it could very well be corrupt files. How did you get the music for this particular artist, download or rip from a CD?

OP
A
Reaction score
If it's just one artist, it could very well be corrupt files. How did you get the music for this particular artist, download or rip from a CD?

both. and the odd thing as that both songs that I've downloaded and songs that I've ripped from a cd have done this. and these same songs still play on itunes, so that makes me question whether or not they are corrupt files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I just looked at the owner manual for the Classic at the Apple website. You might try a few things.

Reset your iPod. Maybe it became "confused". Follow the directions in the owner manual.

Fully resync your iPod. Take all of the music off and then reload it.

Look at the Apple website in the support area. See if they list what you're experiencing as a common problem. In fact, go here and see if this helps:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodclassic/

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I had this problem with a BBC radio show I Hijacked to an AIf file. I edited it and converted it to MP3 using Audacity (this uses the LAME Mp3 encoder)

It might be a Lame issue and is a problem with the latest ipods.

I just selected the track in iTunes and under the advanced menu selected convert file to MP3 (or AAC). When the file was converted using iTunes that skip problem went away

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.