How do I view Yahoo mail in Mail on my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
Hi,

I would like to be able to use the Mail app to read and respond to my yahoo mail. I am having trouble understanding what is meant when the wizard tells me to type in my server, etc. Can someone point me in the right direction,

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Goto yahoo pop settings in your yahoo mailbox. Get the settings then open Mail App on your Mac and goto pref>account>add and follow the directions and enter the pop settings from your yahoo account.
I'm at lunch and I'm sure someone w more time will elaborate but its quite easy and I bet you'll sort it out quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi,

I would like to be able to use the Mail app to read and respond to my yahoo mail. I am having trouble understanding what is meant when the wizard tells me to type in my server, etc. Can someone point me in the right direction,

Thanks

You should first make sure that you have Yahoo! Mail Plus.

The easiest way to tell if you do or not is if you pay for your Yahoo! Mail service or not.
If you do, then you have Plus.
If you don't, then you don't have Plus and cannot use POP access.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
thats the only bad thing about yahoo is that you need to pay for the pop access. your best bet would be to switch to gmail if you wanted a good reliable email client that would allow you to use pop.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
Thanks to everyone for the responses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Oh yeah, I forgot about the "Plus" thing!! That sucks but hey its Yahoo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel (unibody), 2 GB RAM; iPhone 3Gs
use gmail it's way better and you don't need to do any pop stuff because it has it as one of the options you can select from.

Reaction score
I agree Gmail is much better but in my case the Yahoo adress is for all those things you have to give your mailadress for. Using MacfreePops receiving them is no problem. Sending mails is not possible.

However, I use httpmail plugin to access a hotmail adress, and when I select the outgoing server from this account for my Yahoo account it works fine. Mails are sent through it, and the senders adress is the one from Yahoo, or at least that's what I see when I tested it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.