17" Buy Now or hold on for Jan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6Ghz, 4.0Gb, 200Gb (7200), High-Res Glossy, Adobe CS3 Std, Office and VMFusion (Solidworks)
Hi all, new here,

I've been wanting to buy a 17" MBP for some time now. I have waited for Leopard, now should I wait till Jan for new the MBP?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Badley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black
hmm, I havent read any confirmation on MBP upgrades date, where did u get your info?

MBPs have been upgraded recently and the current config is pretty good IMO, I think waiting for leopard was a good idea but if you need the machine I'd say go for it now. Depending on your usage i guess current versions are good for another couple of years

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Atleast wait till tomorrow, there might be some news when Leopard is released.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6Ghz, 4.0Gb, 200Gb (7200), High-Res Glossy, Adobe CS3 Std, Office and VMFusion (Solidworks)
I'm currently a PC user, however I have used OSX quite a bit. There are currently nail marks in my desk due to the frustration of XP and it would seem no new pc has quite the same power as a basic MBP. My A-series Sony Vaio has lasted my three years, but their newer products look rubbish.

I'm very eager to get a MBP but with Apple releasing a new ipod every week ;-) I thought I should hold off.

I'll see what is said tomorrow with the release of Leopard, which I have to say looks rather tasty!!

Now all it need now is Solidworks to work on OSX

Thanks folks

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I would seem no news about the new MBP range, so I'm going ahead and buying one.

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
there are always rumours and funnily they are always from 'a reliable source' buy it now that leopard is out and enjoy it for the machine it is not the machine it might be.

Reaction score
What happened to the macbooks getting updated on the 26th??

Im in the same boat: buy now or wait till january. I can wait, but if nothing happens in january im not going to be happy.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I do get the current MBP it will be far better than most laptops for years to come. Plus I like the traditional style keyboard not the new style.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
What happened to the macbooks getting updated on the 26th??

Im in the same boat: buy now or wait till january. I can wait, but if nothing happens in january im not going to be happy.

Why does everyone think there is going to be something happening in january the powerbook line was with us for over 5 years why do people think it si suddenly going ot be different now if you wait for new technology you will never buy anyhting if you need a new machine now buy one now

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it's just rumours that got me going. Bought myself a 2.6Ghz on Firday so this thread is now obsolete.

Interesting you query this as there is isn't much more thy can do the MBP to improve it apart from a BluRay Drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And i have said thi in another forum why will Apple bother backing blu-Ray when it is stil unkonwn which of the formats have won the HD war.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i am waiting for the G5 powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WHAT??? are you on about

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They arent going to switch abck to PowerPc processors

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.