connected servers icons disappear on reboot

Reaction score
hi,
newbie here - newbie to mac, experienced on pc.

i have my mac networked to my pc through a router, and the "my network place" on my pc displays my imac permanently, without having to connect - an option i am used to, and find very useful.

is there any way to have my mac setup so that the network folders are permanently displayed on the desktop, without having to connect to the server every time I log on?

is this possible on leopard - i'm getting it tomorrow...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Go to System Preferences > Accounts

Select your account and select the login items tab

There is a list of items and small + and - set of buttons, hit the + button

there should be a link to your volume on the left - if not make an alias of the volume on your desktop and select that

BINGO - your done

OP
K
Reaction score
hi louishen,
thanks for the response.
i tried this out, and it works fine, but i am wondering if there's any way i can configure it so the volumes don't open up upon startup, but still appear on the desktop in icon only. should have clarified this.
cheers,
kobeson

Reaction score
Don't know about the Desktop but you can drag the mounted shares onto the menu bar in any Finder window and they will stay there. When you login the shares won't launch as they do when you place an alias in your Startup Items.

If you want to mount the shares just click on the icon .... until then the icon will be a ? but will change to the network icon as you click on them and they will mount ...

The image I attached shows my 4 shares in their unmounted state.

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You can also use your finder window sidebar...

attachment.php

Picture 1.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.