2 iPod Touch questions

Reaction score
Hey people,

If you download a youtube video on your iPod Touch, does it store it on your device? I am going to fly next week and wanted to know if I download something, will I be able to view it on the plane if there is no WiFi.

Also, if I already have an iPod video and then I buy an iPod touch, can I put the songs/videos on both? I know I am dork because I have 2 iPod videos, but the Touch will be good for me to use on the plane as I fly a lot.

Thanks,

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Native Youtube videos, which come in the flv format, cannot be imported into iTunes, and thus can't be added to the touch. However, if you convert the video to a touch friendly format, then yes, you will be able to view it.

Yes, you can put the songs and videos on both devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I think what trapzilla may be asking is if you use the built in youtube feature. If it is like the iPhone you will need to have wifi connection to watch the videos again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Yep, you do need a connection to view youtube vids through the youtube app itself. So, if there are ones you want to be able to view offline, you'd have to download on your computer and then convert to an ipod friendly format and sync it over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
Speaking of converting....what are you guys using to save and convert YouTube videos? I downloaded the trial PodTube a month or so ago and tried it and it worked beautifully. So last week I paid the $5 for PodTube version 2.1. It has not worked since day one. Any ideas? I get the error that says 'error communicating with website - try again later.' Well I tried later and more later, and even some more later :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Speaking of converting....what are you guys using to save and convert YouTube videos? I downloaded the trial PodTube a month or so ago and tried it and it worked beautifully. So last week I paid the $5 for PodTube version 2.1. It has not worked since day one. Any ideas? I get the error that says 'error communicating with website - try again later.' Well I tried later and more later, and even some more later :Angry:
I've never tried PodTube myself. Actually, on the rare occasion I've wanted to have a YouTube readily available without a connection, I've found the video elsewhere to download, or found it on the Best Of YouTube podcast.

I may have to give PodTube a try and see if it works for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.