Sound not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
This morning, I had my MBP hooked up to my stereo through an RCA (into the stereo) and a headphone jack into the computer. I do this everyday and never had any problems, but this morning, I pulled the headphone jack out expecting the music to then run through the computer speakers. However, the speakers are not working anymore. I've restarted it 3 times and still nothing. When I plug headphones in though, it works...

I'm hoping when I upgrade to Leopard on Friday that this will be fixed...but until then, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have a similar issue every once in a while with my iPhone. It has to do with the headphone jack not realizing the fact that the headphones are no longer connected. Try plugging in and taking out your headphones while the music is running. Try it slowly and if that doesn't work, then quickly.

If that doesn't seem to solve the problem, then you might have to get it checked out at the Apple Store.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a similar issue every once in a while with my iPhone. It has to do with the headphone jack not realizing the fact that the headphones are no longer connected. Try plugging in and taking out your headphones while the music is running. Try it slowly and if that doesn't work, then quickly.

If that doesn't seem to solve the problem, then you might have to get it checked out at the Apple Store.

i think you are right...b/c everytime i try to turn the sound off/on (without the phones plugged in) ...a red light lights up inside of the headphone jack

ill try that after my class and let you know if it worked

thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yup it worked! thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.