Anyone know splash screen creation software?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to find out how to create a splash screen for a CD window that will auto-open on a PC.

I have created a huge pdf technical manual for a client but now they want a splash screen that will open when the PC user clicks on the cd icon.

I am a very capable designer and digital artist for printed work, but this new fangled multimedia stuff confuses me.

Does anyone know of some easy to use OS X software that will allow me to produce a splash screen and also how I then create some form of link or script that will launch the aforementioned pdf document?

Sorry for all the questions, but time is escaping from my grasp as I type.

Cheers

Andy

:|

G5 2 gig on latest Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The splash screen is usually just an image, so any image editor can be used to create it. How to get it to show when launching the .pdf I don't know.

OP
A
Reaction score
The splash screen is usually just an image, so any image editor can be used to create it. How to get it to show when launching the .pdf I don't know.

Sorry to be a dumbass, but do you know how you apply the image to the actual window that opens and moreso how you dictate the size of the window that opens?

Thanks all the same

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not to a pdf, if it was an app it would be part of the code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You can use a PDF file... the image (pdf file) would open as soon as the CD is inserted. I used to know the code for it... it's really simple... let me dig around and reply back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.