It Broke!!! ;(

Reaction score
Today I dropped my two month old macbook from about a foot high, at first it seemed ok, it was working but then it started to run really slowly. I turned it off and then tried to turn it back on but now all I get is this blue screen.

If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it,

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You might have broken a connection. Take it to Apple and see what they say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Unless you computer has an empty bank account, I'd say it's "broken".

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :Smirk:

OP
A
Reaction score
It broke as in the past tense, no need to try and be a smart, thanks a lot for the help. :Angry:

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
it'll be ok buddy, don't hurt yourself.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Was it running when it hit the ground? I am wondering if the Hard Drive got damaged. That is the first thing I would check into. Since it's a new Macbook, you have your Install DVD's correct? Put in the first DVD and hold C after the Chime and boot from the DVD. When you get to the install screen, open Disk Utility and have it check the Hard Drive.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry could you explain that a little simpler, I don't really get what you mean.

Its not no external damage to I'm probably just going to have to get in touch with apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
You got one year's worth of cover, so take it to the store and tell them you turned it on and this blue screen is showing up

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It broke as in the past tense, no need to try and be a smart, thanks a lot for the help. :Angry:

Just kidding around. You're probably not in the mood for that though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
splicer has the best idea... DON'T tell them you dropped it or that might be the end of the story !!!... just call them and say suddenly this started happening. If you don't have any dents or significant markings of the computer being dropped then the illusion should work. Hope it works out either way, because that sucks big time.. and I feel for ya, especially if apple is not willing to pay to fix the problem :(

Reaction score
Try resetting your P-ram, I had that problem before, and that did it. Then make sure you have ALL the software updates. I didn't update my firmware and that was the problem for me. Good luck man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
BSOD on a MacBook o_O??????

But seriously, i agree with saying it just started happening.

it works a lot of the time. (as long as there are no distinct marks ;D)

OP
A
Reaction score
That didn't work so it looks like I'll have to take it back and hope they fix it for free.

Thanks for trying to help anyway guys!

:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Just don't tell the guys at Apple that you had dropped it, just say it showed this blue screen when you had started it up one day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
let us know how it ends

hope for the best! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
Well it should all be under worrienty.I remeber same thing happned to my iBook, I tuck it in, they ask me a few questions, about me having droped it, then they said he will just put it throw as exasidental damige, and they fix it.

Reaction score
maybe I am the only legit guy left in this world, but you dropped it, maybe you should man up and pay for the repairs. It's not apples fault you can't afford a simple carry case to prevent such a thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
If Apple was even half trustworthy, that might be an ok course of action. But everything I've read is that when something like this happens, your warranty is insta-voided, period. ANYTHING that happens to this machine from here on out will be ascribed to it being dropped. Anything. Even if it happens 6 months from now. Or that's what I've heard, anyhow. And if it's true-even partially-I wouldn't tell Apple a thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.