Switcher with .pdf problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
My Daughter bought a new MacBook to take to college. It's her first and I have no experience with them. She's run into a problem with a form she has to fill out and e-mail back to someone. Apparently it's in .pdf format and she can't fill in any of the lines. Is there a piece of software she needs to be able to do this or is it a compatibility issue with the sender? Thanx for the assist. We're going to visit her this weekend so if I can show up with a solution, I'll be a hero. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Get the latest version of acrobat reader from Adobe (free)

They newest version now saves the content you enter in to forms (You used to have to buy the full version for this)

Check the form before you send it though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i have yet to use the latest reader. but i think the "full version" louishen is referring to, is actually a different program by adobe called Acrobat, which is not free. Here is a link to the acrobat page:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Q. Can I add comments to a PDF file with Adobe Reader?

A. PDF authors using Adobe LiveCycle™ enterprise server and design software can activate special features in their documents that provide additional functionality. These enabled Adobe PDF files allow people with Adobe Reader to save the file to a local hard drive, fill out forms, add comments and other markups, share it with others, and submit a completed document electronically. In addition, Adobe PDF files can be enabled to allow people to digitally sign, certify, and authenticate a document.

its official from Adobe :D

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrfaq.html

OP
biguglyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
She figured it out for herself. It was opening in a "preview" app. When she opened her Adobe program then the .pdf, it worked fine. I thought it might be something simple like that. Wish I had more experience with Macs so I could help her out. Anyway, thanx for your assistance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.