MacBook Pro update wish list

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
I would like to see the MacBook with a aluminum case.

And the MBP with a iMac style colours. Black and silver.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
thanks for the great info..

How much faster is firewire's transfer rate?

Firewire400's normally 20-30% faster than USB in every test I've ever seen, and from personal experience. (Usually 40-45MB/sec range)

Firewire800 runs around 80-90MB/sec range, claiming 100MB/sec as it's max. (That's actually the easiest way to remember - 800 megaBITS = 100megaBYTES) That's just as fast as most internal drives in laptops.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
and I for one hope they don't update the Macbook style unless it stays 100% aluminum like the current model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
I can't just list one.... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my mac book... but here are my top 5...

5. Multi-Card Reader. Macs are known for their media-oriented apps. Why not a card reader?
4. Beveled edges around the edges. Somehow I still find them a little sharp.
3. Better speakers
2. Higher Resolution screen... 1920 x 1200 like someone said before.

Last but not Least...
1. Latchless design for the lid. Ya, i know it's bigger than a macbook, but having no latches is sexy and doesn't cause any worries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hmmmm, broadband

That is interesting what Horkmaster said about a built in or free brodband card.

I could see that as being possible now especially as Apple have / are teaming up with networks to sell the iPhone. I don't see why they couldn't give free or reduced rate wireless data cards to iPhone owners to use on their laptops.

And for non iPhone owners, they could charge a little under the going rate of those USB wireless cards for when you aren't near a wireless reception.

I'd LOVE to have an express card made by Apple that could slot into my MBP that let me access the net wherever I was and cost like £15 a month with something sensible like a 2Gb cap on downloads and infinite uploads.

Apple could so do it, and seeing as they are now officially called 'Apple INC' you never know what their next business move would be. If they did do it, I bet it would be tightly locked with .Mac accounts in some way.

HMMmmmm.....

Reaction score
Like many others, I can't just pick one. So here's two, there's nothing else personally I would change.

1. Blu Ray - Preferably as standard with the same price as the current line up.

2. Multi Card Reader - The SD Reader is nice but would it hurt to support a few more formats? Not everything uses SD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
#1 Multi Card Reader
#2 eSATA
#3 Built in GPS Receiver
#4 $1000 Price drop for poor students like me :p ($700 would do it too.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Magsafe outlet on both sides of the Macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I guess I will chime in on this too...even though we are resurrecting this thread back..
  • don't care about blu-ray
  • get rid of the 13" mbp lineup!
  • Add a second hard drive to the 15 and 17 mbp's
  • increase the screen resolution
  • rattle-proof the speakers
  • use titanium instead of aluminum:)
  • Fix the wifi issues!
  • increase the standard hard drive size
  • update the hybrid sli to better graphics...or even hybrid quad sli. Also let us change the sli on tap without having to log out/in
  • Don't lower prices! I liked it more when apple computers were more exclusive
  • include the universal remote with every mac purchase!!!
  • Increase cpu speed. Max ram size is okay, but make it standard at 4gb at 13XX speed
  • create keys that don't get so quickly worn out
  • having the ability to change the keyboard light's color would be cool...but no rainbow effect like on the alienware laptops...LOL!!!
  • i think that's it for now!
  • oh wait....INCLUDE MORE APPLE STICKERSSS:D !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.