Any idea why Internet Explorer constantly closes down?

Reaction score
I often use Safari, but have an online tutorial program that require IE, but it constantly gets an error message and closes down after a few pages. Any idea why or has anyone experienced such trouble?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In general, I'd say because it is an old App that is a serious POS. In specific, I have no idea.

OP
N
Reaction score
In general, I'd say because it is an old App that is a serious POS. In specific, I have no idea.

It's a PowerMac G4 purchased in 2003. Actually, I love it and it gives me very few problems. I still use Windows everyday and have two Windows PCs in addition, but this computer really exposed me to how awesome Macs are for reliable use. I can count the number of times Safari has ever closed down on me on one hand. I'd need two hands for how many times IE shut down on me last night alone. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The only thing I can suggest is to use Safari, enable the Safari debug menu*, and then use it to set Safari's user agent to Internet Explorer. Sometimes this will trick the site into letting you in.

(*Be careful when entering Terminal commands)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It's a PowerMac G4 purchased in 2003. Actually, I love it and it gives me very few problems. I still use Windows everyday and have two Windows PCs in addition, but this computer really exposed me to how awesome Macs are for reliable use. I can count the number of times Safari has ever closed down on me on one hand. I'd need two hands for how many times IE shut down on me last night alone. :Grimmace:

I meant that Internet Explore was an old Application and a POS, not your machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I'd say it's because it 's a big pile of poo of a browser.
Get Firefox and use that. Most sites that ask for IE work fine on it.

M

MacHeadCase

Not only is Internet Exploder an old and crummy browser, it isn't secure for surfing either: it's full of security holes.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Old, as in IE 5, if you are using MS's Mac version of IE.
The typical website today that requires IE for access, also requires IE 6 or 7 and would not work on a windows box with IE 5 either.
And MS decided with IE 5 not to continue working on it's browser for Mac's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.