Best Software For Creating Sales Flyers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC :) 24inch 2.8GHz 2GB Ram 500G HDD
opps. sorry about guys, newbie here even with the lingo it looks like
yeah i was refering to photoshop CS3
I don't have the whole suite, just photoshop CS3
Looks like i am going to be using word for this project.

and thanks guys for all ur help. It was very useful.
and I'll be back for more questions :p

Reaction score
Program for creating flyers

I just switched to Mac, and I am looking for a decent program to create some good looking flyers for my business. Is there any good free programs out there? Or what program would be worth purchasing if there is not a good free one?

I was thinking iLife would have something, but I don't see anything.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
iWork has Pages. Good for creating flyers.

Then there's Swift Publisher. That's more centered to doing flyery kind of stuff.

Then there's a do it all Adobe Indesign CS3, but that's not intuitive and costs a lot.

Reaction score
*Merged threads with exact same topic*

Topics were the same, but this post was all about PDF. That is why I posted my own. I have a couple good ideas now, iWork and Swift Publisher, but if there is something free that would be even better.

Thanks for the help so far.

M

MacHeadCase

*Head hits desk*

DOH! Yeah true, my bad. I missed the PDF in the title! Maybe anyone searching for "making flyers" could have a broader perspective on the subject and changing the title to "Flyer maker". Can't see how to un-merge. Ack! :Oops:

What you need is an application that will make layouts like Quark, InDesign or Pages. The only open source app that I know of is called Scribus but it isn't a straightforward install from what I read.

I haven't tried it myself, I use Quark, so really can't tell you if it's good or not.

Note that it isn't a Universal Binary (but the website mentions it run on Rosetta but that it could be slow) and it doesn't say if it is compatible with Leopard. My guess is, it's not.

Reaction score
*Head hits desk*

DOH! Yeah true, my bad. I missed the PDF in the title! Maybe anyone searching for "making flyers" could have a broader perspective on the subject and changing the title to "Flyer maker". Can't see how to un-merge. Ack! :Oops:

What you need is an application that will make layouts like Quark, InDesign or Pages. The only open source app that I know of is called Scribus but it isn't a straightforward install from what I read.

I haven't tried it myself, I use Quark, so really can't tell you if it's good or not.

Note that it isn't a Universal Binary (but the website mentions it run on Rosetta but that it could be slow) and it doesn't say if it is compatible with Leopard. My guess is, it's not.

No problem about merging the topics, this works for me. I just didn't want to mess up what everyone was talking about. Anyway, I will check out the programs you mentioned, and the others from before. I almost bought Swift Publisher, just wish I knew if it is what I wanted first. Also, iWorks looks like something I might like anyway, so that is a possibility.

Thanks for all the help.

M

MacHeadCase

No problem. If you do try Scribus, make sure you follow the install procedure to the letter, it seems pretty tricky. :)

And why not post a review if you try it? I'd be interested in knowing about it, maybe others as well. It's cool to see what the open source community is working on: sometimes they make awesome stuff!

No demo for Swift Publisher? Bummer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Bear in mind that a badly designed flyer could be worse than no flyer at all!

Everyone's thinks they're a designer nowadays. Consider a professional if you doing these flyers for a business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
No problem about merging the topics, this works for me. I just didn't want to mess up what everyone was talking about. Anyway, I will check out the programs you mentioned, and the others from before. I almost bought Swift Publisher, just wish I knew if it is what I wanted first. Also, iWorks looks like something I might like anyway, so that is a possibility.

Thanks for all the help.

There's a demo of Swift Publisher available on Belight Software's page: http://www.belightsoft.com/download/download.php :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
That's the coolest thing ever! I used CutePDF on my PC, which was pretty slick, but I LOVE how it's actually built into OSX! I love my mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.