Tiger Installing Problems

Reaction score
Ok had a search around on the forum and can't quite find the info i'm after but here goes...
I just bought a White MacBook for my girlfriend, when i switch the computer on i get a folder flashing on the screen, so i pop the MacBook install disk that came with it & restart. But after I've chosen the language to install with i get a box pop up say "this software cannot be installed on this computer" or something to that effect..any ideas where i might be going wrong?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Is it a new Macbook, or second hand?
The flashing folder means it can't find the start up folder.
Restart as normal with the install disc in, and then run the disc utility from the file menu to verify the disc and permissions, and see what it comes back with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
"this software cannot be installed on this computer" or something to that effect

Is the install disk you're using the one that originally came with this computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.