• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Time Machine question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
Can I use it to go back to 1997 and buy loads of Apple stock?

Story here

Apple's stock performance:

an-inconvenient-truth.jpg

An inconvenient truth for Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm just starting a book about the history of apple. it's called simply "Apple" but it was printed in 1997. i think it doesn't include steve jobs coming back.
i looked at the back page and the last sentence was something along the lines of "apple could really use a miracle."
guess theyyy goottt it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For those who didn't see the news about Apple's last quarter, just reported, a few facts:

- Earnings per share up 63% over same period last year

- 10.2 million iPods sold this last quarter, up 17%

- 2.16 million Macs sold this last quarter, up 34%

- 1.12 million iPhones sold this last quarter, total of 1.39 million since launch

All in all, a spectacular set of results. Apple is on a roll! ...and we all benefit! I have, use and love every one of the above products!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Can I use it to go back to 1997 and buy loads of Apple stock?

Story here

Apple's stock performance:

an-inconvenient-truth.jpg

An inconvenient truth for Microsoft.

I have an extra flux capacitor if you want to borrow it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I wanted to buy Apple stock at 83 dollars last year. I was going to put 1000 bucks into but my Dad never got around to setting up my etrade account since I was still 17. Basically, i could have made a profit of about 1500 bucks. :(

Reaction score
I wanted to buy Apple stock at 83 dollars last year. I was going to put 1000 bucks into but my Dad never got around to setting up my etrade account since I was still 17. Basically, i could have made a profit of about 1500 bucks. :(

Two years ago in January of 05, when I was 12, I wanted to invest in it. Well my dad thought I should go with a mutual fund and not take the risk......thanks dad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.